- Matt has been married to Joye (Dubach)for 27 years and they are the parents of three daughters, Kara 21, Kristen 18 and Kelli 14.
- Resides in Berne with his family
- Graduated from South Adams High School in 1981
- Graduated from Vincennes University with an Associates in Science in Aviation Technology in May 1984
- Received his Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) in 1995.
- First job was pumping gas at the local Shell Station and having a early moring paper route
- After graduation from College and marriage worked tool and die on a grainding machine 1984-1986
- New and used car salesman for Moser Motor Sales in Berne 1986-1991
- Began career as an Insurance agent with Bixler Insurance Inc. in Berne in 1991 and in 1994 became a partner. Expanded from 2 loctions in 1994 to 4 by 2006. Currently concentrates on commercial and agriculture insurance.
- Member of the Independent Insurance Agents of Indiana and Independent Insurance and Brokers of America.
- Elected in 1994 to the Adams County Council serving as President of the Council from 2000 to 2008.
- Elected to the Indiana General Assembly in 2008.
- Currently Serve as the Chairman of the House Insurance Committee and am a member of the Public Policy Committee, Courts and Criminal Code Committee and Government Regulatory Reform Committee.
- Member of the Berne Evangelical Church
- Serve as sunday school teacher
- Member of the Christian Education Committee
- Served on Church Board and Church Chairman
- Member of Rotary International
- Past Board Member of Berne Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member of Junior Achievement